|VISIT FLORIDA Completes Successful ‘Very Important Planner’ Season|
Throughout the 2014-15 fiscal year, VISIT FLORIDA and our Partners traveled to five key domestic markets for Very Important Planner (VIP) events. The Florida-themed signature events were held in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York City and Washington D.C. since those markets have a high number of corporate and national association planners that source Florida for meetings and conventions.
After careful research with well-known national meeting planner membership organizations, VISIT FLORIDA was able to increase our database of qualified meeting planners to invite to signature events. A total of 161 planners with a keen interest in Florida’s beautiful and diverse meeting destinations attended the five VIP events. The industry Partners who co-sponsored the events were able to have direct contact and valuable networking opportunities with those planners.
The creative themes for this year’s season of Very Important Planner events included:
- Boston Red Sox Opening Day Backyard Barbeque – An amazing experience that needs no description.
- Atlanta Kitchen Showdown Iron Chef Florida Invasion – Creative cooking teams prepared Florida dishes.
- An Evening of Florida Pairings – Florida Craft Beer paired with Chicago eats.
- Florida Night in the City – High society food and drinks with an evening view of Manhattan, NY.
- National Geographic Photos We Love & Why – Engaging presentation by NatGeo Traveler’s Director of Photography at the renowned National Geographic Society’s Washington DC headquarters.
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the VIP events for both meeting planners and industry Partners, VISIT FLORIDA is planning an equally robust calendar of events for fiscal year 2015-2016. As our new events become finalized, please visit our online Marketing Planner to view details. Feel free to contact me at kmoore@VISITFLORIDA.org if you would like to ensure you are on our Partner invitation list for these and other Florida-focused events and trade shows.
Sales Manager, Meetings & Travel Trade