|VISIT FLORIDA Launches Daily Media Snapshot|
As Florida continues to deal with the evolving oil spill, we think it may be helpful to track media coverage and share that with the industry. This will give us all a shared understanding of what our potential and current visitors may be seeing or hearing and help us all anticipate the kinds of questions we may need to address for them. We hope this is useful to you – please let us know.
Media Coverage Overview – June 2, 2010
Within the last 24 hours, 42 new results have appeared in traditional print and online media outlets addressing how BP oil spill may affect Florida tourism.
- Overall, the discussion and speculations of how the oil spill will affect Florida tourism continues.
- Many articles report strong business results from the Memorial Day weekend.
- Some articles give predictions on how the oil spill will affect Florida tourism as oil continues to pour into the Gulf. For example, breaking coverage in the Miami Herald, states “The Florida Keys tourism bureau reported hotels enjoyed a busy Memorial Day weekend.”
- Other articles report that oil has finally reached Floridian shores.
- Blogs are mostly comprised of re-posted news stories (including the recent, “Florida is one of the top destinations around the world”).
- In social media, most Facebook comments relate that many Florida tourists enjoyed their vacations or provide links to articles regarding the oil spill.
RECENT BREAKING HEADLINES
- Holiday Weekend gives boost to Keys hotels, Miami Herald/Miami Herald.com http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/02/1658771/holiday-weekend-gives-boost-to.html
- Don’t let oil spill cancel your vacation stay travel experts, KLTV http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12578056
- Summer of oil no beach holiday, ABC Online http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/02/2916013.htm?site=thedrum
- Tourist turnout strong Memorial Day weekend, The Walton Sun http://www.waltonsun.com/news/tourist-84293-newsherald-city-turnout.html
- Oil closes in on Florida: Spill nears Pensacola Beach, The News Herald http://www.newsherald.com/news/beach-84289-pensacola-spill.html
Public Relations Manager
Category: Uncategorized | Tags: ABC Online, Deepwater Horizon, Florida Keys, Florida tourism, KLTV, media coverage, Memorial Day, Miami Herald, News Herald, Oil Spill, social media tracking, VISIT FLORIDA, Walton Sun | Comment »